Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Savannah with Miss Savannah!

This weekend, we had a great trip to Savannah to see Miss Savannah! Unfortunately, we did not take any pictures of her. We took lots of video though! We got a new video camera on Thursday, so we were using that instead of our digital camera while we were there. In fact, I think that I've created a monster. Jason LOVES using the camera, which is actually a good thing I guess. That means lots of footage of BG!

We had a great trip down on Saturday morning. We rode down to Savannah with our neighbors Jennifer, Andrew and Brayden. We were so lucky to be able to stay at Jennifer's sister's apartment that she isn't using this summer. We then went to the store and stocked up on food. Then, we had Sue, Tom and Savannah over for an early dinner. Then, we made the trek to River Street. We had a great time walking up and down, browsing the many cute stores...including the Candy Store!

On Sunday, we went to the pool at the apartment, where the Stephens family joined us. We had a great time playing in the water and sitting by the pool. Then, Jason and I changed and went back to Sue and Tom's house with them. There, we hung out while Miss Savannah took a nap (sort of). Then, the Cresimores came to meet us to go to dinner at the Crab Shack. Jason and I had been looking forward to this for sure. We went to the Crab Shack when we stopped in Savannah on our honeymoon, and it was amazing. So we were looking forward to a trip back. And it was great again! We got the platter for 2, which included 2 types of crab, shrimp, crawdads, muscles, potatoes, sausage, and corn. Yum!!! Then, we went to Tybee Beach to walk around and enjoy some time together.

On Monday, we got up, packed and cleaned up the apartment, and then met Sue and Savannah at the Oglethorpe Mall kids' playland. It is a really cute little play area for kids, and Savannah and Brayden loved it! We played there until both children were pooped! (Actually, I was pretty tired from chasing them around too!) But then we headed out, back towards home. It was a great trip. I only wish we had gotten to stay for longer because I really loved hanging out with Sue, Tom and Savannah. But they will be making the trek up here the first weekend in August again, so at least we don't have to wait long to see them again!

No comments: