I am officially out of school for the summer. WHOO HOO! I am a little sad because I think that this class was the best overall class I have ever had in both behavior and academics. Not only did we come in second place in the math tournament, but all of the passed the End of Grade test. I am definitely sad to see this group of students go. But I think the thing that I am the most happy about is that I don't have to face driving home in my hot car every afternoon. It seems that I could never cool off for the rest of the night after this. I started my summer vacation by sleeping late this morning, and then cleaning the house this afternoon. (Well, I am still cleaning, just taking a quick break to rest.)
My friends who teach 3rd grade with me were so gracious and hosted a nice shower yesterday afternoon at school. It was great to have a chance to get to see everyone one more time before the break. We were blessed with many nice and generous gifts from the staff. The most exciting for me personally is our Jumparoo. It is similar to the old-school Johnny Jump-Ups of the past, except that it does not hang in the doorway. Apparently that has become a safety hazard, although I know that I was one of the children who loved jumping in the doorway and never suffered any ill-effects from it. But we had been to dinner at the home of some of our friends, and after dinner, our entertainment was to watch their little girl jump and laugh for 30 minutes straight in their Jumparoo. After that, I knew that when we had a baby, we had to have one of these so we too could enjoy hours of fun with our little one. We also got some more practical things that are sure to come in handy. I will certainly miss all my school friends over the summer!
We went to the doctor on Wednesday, and I got my first shot for the RH factor (I think that is what it is called). Jason and I have opposite blood (he is positive and I am negative) so I have to get one shot at 6 months pregnant and another in the hospital when I am in labor to keep my body from rejecting the baby's blood in the case that the baby is opposite from me. It wasn't until I rolled over to get the shot that Jason said, "Well, I am not SURE that I am positive..." and the nurse politely said that it was too late and I would have to get the shot anyway. She said it wouldn't hurt the baby one way or the other, I just could have avoided this shot if we were the same. Thanks Jason. :) I have a feeling that the shot will not the worst of it in the next few months though...
No comments:
Post a Comment